At Dyslexia School of Houston, we celebrate the incredible stories of dyslexic
individuals who have turned their learning disability into a superpower, showcasing that
with determination and the right mindset, anything is possible. We love sharing stories
with our students of successful people just like them who did not let dyslexia deter them
from their dreams.
1. Richard Branson – a business magnate and philanthropist who faced dyslexia
throughout his school years. Despite struggling with traditional academic methods, he
founded the Virgin Group, showcasing that innovation and determination can overcome
2. Albert Einstein – one of the greatest physicists of all time; he was dyslexic. However,
his exceptional ability to visualize complex concepts and think in abstract ways
propelled him to revolutionize modern physics with his groundbreaking theories.
3. Barbara Corcoran – a prominent Shark Tank member who has openly shared her
dyslexia journey. She transformed her challenges into business success by developing
resilience and tenacity, founding The Corcoran Group, and becoming a real estate
4. Muhammad Ali – a legendary heavyweight boxing champion who turned dyslexia into
an advantage by developing strong memorization skills. His ability to strategize and
outmaneuver opponents in the ring showcased that dyslexia does not define a person’s
5. Henry Winkler – known for his role as “The Fonz” on Happy Days; he struggled with
dyslexia and academic challenges during his school years. Winkler used his
experiences to co-author a series of children’s books about a dyslexic boy, spreading
awareness and inspiration.
6. Cher – a multi-talented artist and icon who publicly shared her dyslexia diagnosis.
Despite her struggles with reading, she has achieved immense success in the music
and entertainment industry.
7. Daymond John – another Shark Tank member who also has dyslexia. John credits his
dyslexia with helping him develop a unique entrepreneurial mindset and the
establishment of his iconic fashion brand, FUBU.
At the Dyslexia School of Houston, we strive to nurture and empower our students to
foster their unique talents and realize their full potential. As Dyslexia Awareness Month
continues, we celebrate dyslexia as a superpower in hopes of inspiring future
generations to embrace their differences.